Name of the in-service training institution: OÜ A1koolitus (a1koolitus.ee).
Curriculum title : Plater training (80 academic hours), professional standard “Plater, level 4”.
Levels : In-service training for adults.
Curriculum group: Construction and civil engineering.
Duration : All year round, 10 study days.
Language of instruction : Estonian, Russian.
Conditions for starting studies : Adults (from the age of 18) who wish to do so and who wish to acquire the skills to perform tiling work and to start working in this field in the future will be admitted to the training. NB! The state of health must allow work in the construction industry.
Total study volume :
Auditory work: 16 academic hours.
- Classification of tiles and properties and use of tiling and grout mixtures, tools, material accounting;
- Preparation of surfaces for tiling, various treatments;
- Wall tiling technology;
- Grouting and cleaning of tiled surfaces, after maintenance, quality requirements.
Practical work: 64 academic hours.
- surface preparation, preparation of plate distribution plan;
- plate cutting and processing;
- wall tiling, grouting and maintenance;
- quality control, error analysis.
After completing the course:
- selects and prepares the materials and tools necessary for the work;
- prepares the surfaces to be tiled using suitable materials;
- tiles wall and floor surfaces with ceramic tiles, following the technological order and quality requirements of the works;
- observes the principles of responsible construction and occupational and environmental safety requirements when planning work, preparing the workplace, during the work and arranging the workplace.
Aim of the training: Tiling is a required job in construction and real estate maintenance. Within the framework of the training, people learn how to improve the quality of work and provide work that meets the quality requirements by providing the right technology for work.
Relation of learning outcomes to the vocational standard or level curriculum: Vocational standard “Plater, level 4”.
List of study materials: Textbooks, posters and OÜ A1koolitus.ee study materials are used in the study.
Description of the learning environment:
Both the theoretical and practical parts take place at Pae 29, Tallinn. Theory classes are classrooms that are equipped with the necessary technical resources for teaching. The practical work takes place in the designated rooms, where there are boxes for tiling. The equipment includes proper plate cutters as well as a plate saw, various hand tools for cutting plates. There are also tools for making work accurate and simpler.
Assessment: Studies are considered completed and a certificate is issued if the student has acquired the learning outcomes of the specialty curriculum and participated in the study for at least 80%.
Assessment methods :
- trial work: preparation of the wall surface for tiling;
- trial work: flat wall tiling.
Evaluation criteria: The performance of the test work is evaluated according to the technological map, following the quality requirements and using suitable materials.
Documents to be issued: If all the conditions set out in the assessment criteria are met, the school will be issued a certificate of successful completion of the curriculum. If the goal is not achieved but the student attends at least 60% of the hours, he / she will be issued with a certificate of participation in the course.
Requirements for the competence of a trainer: length of service as an in-service adult trainer for 5 years or higher or applied education in construction.
Curriculum developer and training provider (teacher): Margarita Žitnikova-Snopkovskaja.
Construction interior finishing instructor, 25+ years of experience
Curriculum approved: March 7, 2022