Name of the in-service training institution: OÜ A1koolitus (a1koolitus.ee).
Curriculum title : Painter’s training (56 academic hours), professional standard “Painter, level 4”.
Levels : In-service training for adults.
Curriculum group: Construction and civil engineering.
Duration : All year round, 7 study days.
Language of instruction : Estonian, Russian.
Conditions for starting studies : Admitted adults (from the age of 18) who wish to acquire new skills in the preparation of surfaces for finishing and painting will need further training in order to be competitive in the labor market. NB! The state of health must allow work in the construction industry.
Total study volume :
The total volume of the training is 56 academic hours (contact studies):
- Auditory work 8 academic hours;
- The volume of practical work is 48 academic hours.
- Proper and safe organization of your work
- Calculation of material costs
- Basic building materials and their properties in painting
- Basic finishing tools
- Surface preparation for finishing work:
- leveling of substrates
- installation of internal and external corner tape
- leveling walls and ceilings with fine putty
- priming, painting, coating of walls and ceilings with primary paint
- Finishing technology
Painting work (practice) 48 academic hours
After completing the course:
- selects and prepares the materials and tools necessary for the work;
- performs surface preparation (plastering), following the instructions given by the material manufacturer and the technology of performing the work;
- performs the final finishing (painting) of the wall surfaces, following the instructions given by the material manufacturer and the technology of performing the work;
- observes the principles of responsible construction and occupational and environmental safety requirements when planning work, preparing the workplace, during the work and arranging the workplace.
Aim of the training: The profession of a painter is required for work in construction and real estate maintenance. Within the framework of the training, students are taught how to improve the quality of work and provide work that meets the quality requirements by following the right technology.
Relation of learning outcomes to the vocational standard or level curriculum: Vocational standard “Painter, level 4”.
List of study materials: Textbooks, posters and OÜ A1koolitus.ee study materials are used in the study.
Description of the learning environment:
Both the theoretical and practical parts take place at Pae 29, Tallinn. Theory classes are classrooms that are equipped with the necessary technical resources for teaching. Practical work takes place in designated rooms with booths for painting. where all equipment, facilities and devices are provided for the completion of the curriculum.
Assessment: Studies are considered completed and a certificate is issued if the student has acquired the learning outcomes of the specialty curriculum and participated in the study for at least 80%.
Assessment methods :
- surface preparation, leveling and plastering;
- preparation of the substrate under paint and painting.
Evaluation criteria: The performance of the test work is evaluated according to the technological map, following the quality requirements and using suitable materials.
Documents to be issued: If all the conditions set out in the assessment criteria are met, the school will be issued a certificate of successful completion of the curriculum. If the goal is not achieved but the student attends at least 60% of the hours, he / she will be issued with a certificate of participation in the course.
Requirements for the competence of a trainer: length of service as an in-service adult trainer for 5 years or higher or applied education in construction.
Curriculum developer and training provider (teacher): Margarita Žitnikova-Snopkovskaja.
Construction interior finishing instructor, 25+ years of experience.
Curriculum approved: March 7, 2022