Manual arc welding certification
Name of the institution: OÜ A1koolitus (a1koolitus.ee)
Name of the program: Manual arc welding certification – 6 academic lesson/s
The curriculum group and the start of curriculum development: 521 Mechanics and metalworking. The competence of the fourth category of welding standards.
Level of education: Additional education for adults
Languages of study: Estonian, Russian or English
Training time: Annual, 1 school day/s.
Training Registration Information: On-site Registration
Target group and starting conditions: Adults (from 18 years old) will be admitted to welder training on the basis of an application. All candidates who meet the requirements for admission and pass the test on the spot will also be admitted to enroll in a course.
Division into groups: The grouping of students takes into account the level of knowledge and the spoken language.
Total studying volume (academic lesson/s): 6 academic hours, of which 6 academic lesson/s is an exam
Methods of teaching: The completion of an examination task in a separate welding place with the presence of an instructor.
Online lessons: None
Studying goal: By the end of the training, the welder will be able to weld a wide range of welding products, parts and building structures. For more aptly done work (for products requiring special control), consult with your supervisor, coordinator or master. The welder uses the following welding techniques: Manual arc welding (MMA 111).
By the end of the studying process, the welder:
- Familiar with working drawings, work instructions, and routing (WPS)
- Is able to correctly choose needed welding instruments
- Can set up welding equipment and select modes
- Can properly organize the workplace
- Can choose the right self-protective equipment
- Can create, assemble parts and create assemblies
- Is able to perform quality control and eliminate defects if necessary
- Knows welding and trimming
1.1 An exam
1.1.1 Metal welding using technology ММА.
1.1.2 Welding of seam welds in the positions of PA / PF – plates; H-L045 – pipes.
1.1.3 Mid-term control
1.1.4 Post-processing of the finished product.
The description of the studying environment: Both theoretical and practical sections will be held at Pae 29, Tallinn. Safety and cleanliness are guaranteed. To study the theory, we have 4 classrooms. Depending on the subject, each class accommodates more than 30 people. The theoretical part is given in-hand (or on memory cards) to strengthen knowledge after the lesson. We also provide both personal protection and work equipment for practical exercises.
List of training materials: WPS for certification enhancement
Release requirements, including assessment methods and assessment criteria: At least 80% of attendance is a must for completing the training. In addition, the needed part must be welded in accordance with WPS and must correspond to the evaluation criteria.
Assessment method: An exam
- Visual control
- X-ray examination
- Bending test if necessary
- Provided that all the necessary tests have been successfully passed, and the examination committee has no complaints, an exam will be considered successful, and a certificate will be issued to the student.
Summary: The course is intended for workers with metal (advanced level), who in their daily work are engaged in high-quality and accurate welding. The course is aimed at acquiring professional practical skills. A student who completed the course will be able to apply the knowledge gained, namely, to weld various materials and details, looking at the Conduction of his daily duties using tools and welding equipment. After completing the course and passing the final exam, the student is ready to work or take an internship.
Formation of the final result:
1) Knowledge and the use of professional terminology, successful completion of the practical part of the planned training.
2) Welding of the parts in correspondence to WPS.
Curriculum Approved: 01.12.2019