Introductory course to welding controller VT2 courses
Name of the institution: OÜ A1koolitus (a1koolitus.ee).
Name of the program: Introductory course to welding controller VT2 courses – 100 ac. h.
The curriculum group and the start of curriculum development: 521 Mechanics and metalworking.
Level of education: Additional education for adults
Languages of study: Estonian or Russian
Training time: Annual, 14 training days.
Training Registration Information: On-site registration or by e-mail.
Target group and starting conditions:
Persons wishing to acquire the VT2 competence.
Total study volume (ac. h.):
100 academic hours, of which:
- 80 ac.h. classroom learning,
- 20 ac.h. theoretical learning (Internet-based).
Requirements for starting studies: Practical work experience in welding production at least 2 years.
List of study materials: Existing study materials of OÜ A1koolitus.ee, DVS study materials, T. Karaganova “Welding ignitable idea” and A. Laansoo “Welding”.
The purpose of the training: Preparatory course for visual inspection tests of welded joints VT2
The achievement of learning outcomes is assessed:
- Knowledge and use of professional terminology.
- Theory exam passed (score of at least 60% of correct answers).
- Performing the practical part (compliance of welded joints with WPS and detection of defects).
- Knows the nature, application areas, advantages and disadvantages of the main electric arc welding processes 111, 141, 135, 136 and takes them into account in his work.
- Knows the requirements and organizes maintenance and calibration / verification of equipment and tools used in welding production.
- Can read the compliance of welding drawings with the standard EN ISO 2553.
- Analyzes and evaluates the technical requirements for the welding structure.
- Distinguishes steel types, takes into account the effect of steel properties on weldability and implements measures to ensure weldability.
- Determines the methods of destructive inspection of welded joints according to the requirements of the standards.
- Knows the defects of welded joints, the causes of their occurrence and applies methods to repair and prevent them.
- Applies methods for prevention and reduction of residual stresses and deformations of welding structures.
- Implements measures to ensure occupational safety and safety in welding production.
Content of the training plan:
Auditory part (80 ac. h. )
- Welding bases: welded joints and seams.
- Welding positions: welding drawings and marking of welds in the drawings according to EN ISO 2553.
- Basic, welding materials and their marking. Grouping of basic materials accordingly.
- Types of steel. Weldability and treatment of steels after welding.
- Welding materials; melting electrodes, shielding gases, welding rods and wire.
- Nature and processes of electric arc welding 111, 141, 135, 136.
- Equipment and tools used in welding production.
- Methods of crushing (NDT) and non-crushing (DT) control of welds.
- Quality levels B, C, D according to EN ISO 5817.
- Internal and external defects of welded joints and their determination EN ISO 6520-1.
- Prevention and repair of weld defects.
- Principles and conditions of visual inspection. Evaluation of the result.
- Hazardous equipment and occupational safety in welding work.
Practical part (20 ac. h.). Internship in a welding workshop.
Documents to be issued: School certificate if the course has been completed to the extent of at least 80% (introductory course for welding controller VT2 courses).
Description of the learning environment: Both theoretical and practical parts take place at Pae 29, Tallinn. Safety and health requirements are guaranteed in the theory auditorium and workshop. To study the theory, we have 4 classrooms depending on the subject taught, each class can accommodate 30+ people. The theoretical part is issued at home to record knowledge electronically (on memory sticks). We also issue both personal protection and tools for practical training.
Requirements for the trainer’s competence: Technical or industrial education / applied higher education; experience as an adult educator for 2 years.
Practice teacher: Vladislav Shrubkovskiy.
Theory teacher: Tatiana Karaganova.
Curriculum approved: 23.11.2020.