Welding process coordinator-technologist
Name of the institution: OÜ A1koolitus (a1koolitus.ee).
Name of the program: Welding process coordinator-technologist.
The curriculum group and the start of curriculum development: 521 Mechanics and metalworking.
Level of education: Additional education for adults
Languages of study: Estonian or Russian
Training time: Annual, 14 training days.
Training Registration Information: On-site registration or by e-mail.
Target group and starting conditions:
Persons wishing to acquire the competence required for the coordination and conformity assessment of welding in accordance with EN ISO 14731 (basic competence).
Studying volume (academic lesson/s):
100 academic hours, of which:
- 80 ac.h. classroom learning,
- 20 ac.h. theoretical learning. (internet based)
Requirements for starting studies: Practical work experience in welding production (coordinator, technologist, foreman, welder).
The purpose of the training: As a result of the training, the learner is able to organize and coordinate welding work and perform conformity assessment of welding structures within the framework of basic competence (EN ISO 14731).
List of study materials: Study materials of OÜ A1koolitus.ee training center.
Requirements for completion of studies, including assessment methods and assessment criteria:
Studies are considered completed when the participant has achieved the learning outcomes described in the curriculum.
The achievement of learning outcomes is assessed:
- Knowledge and use of professional terminology, successful completion of the practical part of the planned study.
- The theoretical exam has been passed (result is at least 80%).
- is familiar with the requirements for the manufacture of products covered by the Construction Products Regulation 305/2011 and standard EN 1090;
- plans and performs its work activities in accordance with the requirements of the standard EN ISO 14731;
- manages welding documentation in accordance with the requirements of EN ISO 3834 and EN 1090;
- knows the factors influencing the quality of welding and takes them into account in production;
- knows the nature, application areas, advantages and disadvantages of the main electric arc welding processes and takes them into account in his / her work;
- knows the requirements and organizes maintenance and calibration / verification of equipment and tools used in welding production;
- is able to assess the completeness of welding drawings and compliance of weld symbols with the standard EN ISO 2553;
- analyzes and evaluates the technical requirements for the welding structure;
- distinguishes steel types, takes into account the effect of steel properties on weldability and implements measures to ensure weldability;
- knows and takes into account the requirements of standard EN 1090 for basic and welding materials;
- implements monitoring requirements before, during and after welding in accordance with EN ISO 3834;
- organizes certification of welding technology and personnel;
- develops and determines welding procedure specifications (WPS) according to the welding work to be performed;
- knows the defects of welded joints, the causes of their occurrence and applies methods for their repair and prevention;
- applies methods to prevent and reduce residual stresses and deformations of welding structures;
- knows the requirements for conformity assessment and CE marking of welded structures in accordance with Regulation 305/2011 and standard EN 1090;
- implements measures to ensure occupational safety and safety in welding production.
Structure and content of the training plan:
Auditory part (80 ac.h.)
- Products regulated by the Construction Directive 305/2011 and standard EN 1090-1
- Production control system according to EN 1090 EXC2 and EN ISO 3834 standards. Role, tasks and responsibilities of the welding coordinator.
- Welded joints and seams. Welding drawings and marking of welds in drawings according to EN ISO 2553.
- Basic, welding materials and their marking. Grouping of basic materials according to CEN ISO / TR 15608.
- Steel types. Weldability of steel and its guarantee.
- Principles of determining welding materials. Welding material groups.
- The nature and processes of electric arc welding.
- Equipment and tools used in welding production. Maintenance, calibration and verification.
- Supervision of welding work before, during and after welding according to EN ISO 3834.
- Certification of welding technology and personnel. WPS welding procedure specification and its preparation.
- Identification and traceability in welding production. Welding documentation management.
- Conformity assessment of welding structures. Discrepancies in welding production.
- Methods of destructive and non-destructive testing of welds.
- Quality levels according to EN ISO 5817. Welding defects and their classification.
- Repair and prevention of welding defects.
- Occupational health and safety in welding production.
- Practical part (14 ac.h.)
- Knowledge test + exam (6 ac.h.)
Documents to be issued:
Certificate (Welding Process Coordinator-Technologist) if the requirements for graduation are met. Certificate if learning outcomes were not achieved but the learner took part in the study. The certificate is issued according to the number of hours attended, but not if the learner attended less than half the hours.
The description of the studying environment: Both theoretical and practical sections will be held at Pae 29, Tallinn. Safety and cleanliness are guaranteed. To study the theory, we have 4 classrooms. Depending on the subject, each class accommodates more than 30 people. The theoretical part is given in-hand (or on memory cards) to strengthen knowledge after the lesson. We also provide both personal protection and work equipment for practical exercises.
Requirements for the trainer’s competence: Technical or industrial higher education / applied higher education; experience as an adult educator for 2 years.
Teacher: Vladislav Shrubkovskiy.
Curriculum Approved: 23.11.2020